QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool designed by Intuit that allows the users to recover their damaged company files. If you have been having trouble opening your company file, you can use the QuickBooks File doctor option and fix the issue.
You can also use the QuickBooks File Doctor option for fixing the following issues.
- Not being able to open the company file. Getting the given error messages such as -6130, -6000, -305, -301, -6150 or -6147.
- Some of the lists of your vendors, customers and employees have gone missing.
- Having errors such as H505, H202, H101, and H303
- (These errors generally occur where there is a multi-user arrangement)
- The file being sternly spoiled and corrupted
You can use QuickBooks File Doctor in a very simple manner. All you need to do is download the tool and follow the given steps for fixing the issues with your company file.
For downloading the tool you can visit the Intuit website and download it. If you have the File Doctor installed on your computer already then the icon shall show on the desktop. It is a green colored icon. You will need to install it in order to make sure that you have the newest version.
1) Once the download is complete, Click on the QBFD.exe and trail the instructions given on the screen for installing the file doctor.
2) It will open automatically once it has been installed. If this does not happen, then look for a green colored icon in the Windows taskbar.
3) Find the company file using the drop-down menu. If you are not able to find the company file then choose the browse option and try locating it manually.
4) Choose either of the given options
Network connectivity or File damage
- Choose this option if you think that the company file has been damaged or there is an error message such as-6000, -82, -6150, -305, -6147, -6130 or -301.
Only Network connectivity
- If you think that there is a network connectivity issue then choose this option. Whenever there is such an issue, then the error messages such as H202, H303 or H505 get displayed.
5) After you choose one of the above options, you will be asked to enter the administrator password. Enter the information and then choose the ‘Next’.
Feel free to contact the QuickBooks Customer Service of you feel confused at any step.
6) After you will need to choose the workstation or the Host. It is imperative that you make the right choice.
- If you have using a host for using File Doctor which basically means that the QuickBooks is not stored on your device then select the workstation option.
- If you have been using QuickBooks FD on a server computer then choose the Pick server option. This option needs to be chosen if the QuickBooks is being used on a single computer.
7) After that, you will be asked to share the company file. In that case, you will have to choose one of the following options
- Yes: choose this option if you have been running the QuickBooks File Doctor on the company file hosted on a computer
- NO: Choose this if you have been using the File Doctor on a computer not storing the company file.
8) Wait till the diagnosis process completes.
If you had chosen the networking + data damage option then you will need to wait until the file doctor finishes. The process can take a while depending on the size and location of the file. However, it shall not take more than two minutes.
If you feel stuck at any step you can contact the QuickBooks Customer Service and seek their help telephonically using the QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number.
9) Add the QuickBooks File Doctor diagnosis and repair
Once the diagnosis process is completed, close the File doctor
Open the QuickBooks file and see if the issue has been resolved or not.
You can also seek the help of the experts if you face any issue while installing QuickBooks File Doctor by using the helpline number.