It is important to use QuickBooks in a professional manner. Setting up the preferences for the company file is one such professional requirement. You can seek the help of QuickBooks Customer Service to guide you through the preference setting process. The reports can be customized to suit the needs of the business and preference of the owners. You can also set the preferences by following simple steps.
- Got the QuickBooks Edit Menu and choose the option ‘Preferences’
- Choose the ‘Reports and Graphs’. It will be located on the left of the ‘My Preferences’. If you do not find it there then you can find it in ‘Company Preferences’ option.
- My Preferences
- Make sure that you check the Prompt me option before opening any report
- Every time a report will be created the ‘modify report’ window will open
- Whenever the graph or report needs to be refreshed there ‘Prompt me’ will notify the users.
- The QuickBooks will also refresh the reports every time you make any additions by the virtue of the ‘Refresh automatically’.
Please seek the help of QuickBooks 24/7 Support Phone Number if you need any help regarding the QuickBooks preferences.
Setting up Company Preferences
The QuickBooks administrator can set up default settings for all the users.
Defining Summary Reports: you can set the preferences for reports to be displayed on a cash basis or accrual basis. This basis is chosen for the summary reports. The independent transactions are not affected by choosing this preference.
Aging Reports: this allows tracking the unfinished reports and delayed days for the payments to be made to the clients. If you set this preference then all the account payable graphs, account receivable accounts will be affected. If the Aging reports start showing the invoices that are not close to the due date then you can change the preferences.
Format: this option allows the users to set up the format preferences. The users can format the fonts of the header and Footer and modify the look of the report.
If you face any difficulty while setting up the preferences then you can seek the help of the QuickBooks Enterprise Support.
Tips for Setting up Preferences
If you are not able to set up the preferences then the report templates might be damaged. The users can follow these steps to get rid of this problem
- Create a back up of your Company File
- Go to ‘Edit’ menu and choose ‘Preferences’
- Select the option Reports and Graph on the left Pan
- Click the format option on the Company Preference tab
- Go to the Report format Preferences section and click on the Footer and header tab and click revert
- Click on numbers and fonts and then choose revert
- Click ok
Setting up preferences is a wise choice. The customer support team at QuickBooks can help you to do so. You can reach out to this team using the QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number.